Friday, 23 March 2012

Tea and Biscuits at the Citadel – with #author Victoria Watson




Thanks so much for inviting me over for tea and biccies, the life of an author is usually pretty lonesome so it's nice to catch up with my writing buddies.


Welcome, Victoria. Are you enjoying your visit to the citadel?
The Citadel is so beautiful and the tea's pretty good, I'm on a diet though so no biccies for me! The company's pretty good too although I would be quite happy to sit here on my own, taking in the scenery and feeling inspired. How's Princess Ruby doing? Will she be joining us?


Tell us what is happening to you at the moment as a writer?
Life for me is pretty hectic at the moment. I recently published 'Letting Go' Amazon UK (Letting Go) a collection of my short stories and I am getting a lot of positive feedback from that. The only big complaint is that people want longer stories from me so that's pretty good! So now I am working on more short stories as well as a novel. I spend a lot of time publicising my work and tweeting. I'm so lucky to be part of a wonderful online community of supportive people.


Do you have anything exciting lined up for the future?
Following a blog post I wrote the other week (http://bloomhq.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/why-reading-is-so-important-to-me.html), I've set up a campaign called 'I Am Woman'  I am woman campaign  with two wonderful ladies on Twitter (@MrsBPR and @thepurplediva). We're asking for women writers to donate short stories and poems for our charity anthology and I'm currently reviewing submissions. But the guys don't need to worry, we're asking all writers to submit signed copies of their books to be auctioned off or given away as part of the campaign. The 'I Am Woman' Campaign is about using our voices to help other women. To raise awareness of women across the planet who have in effect 'lost their voice' or had it taken away...either through, fear, abuse, illness or war. We all have a voice, whether that be through our blogs, social networks or talking to people in our daily lives. We must speak for them until they can do it for themselves.

So that's going to keep me very busy!



Thank you so much for travelling to the citadel to stay with us, Victoria. Princess Ruby is incredibly excited you are here and is already planning a trip to the village to try some local delicacies and enjoy a display of clog dancing. I warn you to be careful with the local Thunder Ale, however.


Best of luck with all your ventures, my lady.
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

Campaign of the Gods - Trailer

The Mountain Lord on Twitter